Sunday 17 May 2015

Happy Sunday!


















Wishing everyone a beautiful Sunday that is filled with loads of love, life and endless happiness. This Sunday, I'm sharing these beautifully bright daffodils with you as it celebrates the life of my cat that past away. While, I sip on a cup of Woolworths Rooibos Honeybush Tea that always makes you feel warm and comforted.
 

If you are curious to know what happened. Here is the story behind the death of my siamese wedgehead cat, Persie.  Firstly, he got his name Persie from the South African rugby player Persie Montgomery that had beach blonde hair and was my mom's eye-candy so she decided to name the cat Persie because he also had ash-blonde beach hair. Over time and as he got older his fur darkened.
 
If you have or own a cat you will certainly know that they do wonder around and are very independent animals that often leaves you worried that they will not come back home or that they will get run over by cars passing by. To add to the stress, siamese seem to be a little bit more independent because they seem to disappear for a few days leaving us worried sick, and then would at least come back home.  This is what our previous siamese cat would do. However, with Persie as much as we would have liked to have believed that he was coming home after a few days, this time he wasn't coming home again. 
 
As much as we knew Persie loved walking the streets our belief that he was coming back was running out because we decided to go on a search for him all over the neighbourhood and there were no signs of him anywhere. So I thought that maybe going to the vet around the corner from where I stay would be the next best option because often a good person may find and take your pet there.
 
So I walked into the vet and I said have they seen or know of a siamese cat that may have been brought in. Before, I could spit out the word siamese, they already had their books out and almost knew right away. I had no clue what to think or what that mean't, whether he was found dead or alive. My heart stopped and my face went pale almost immediately as they said to me that a family brought in the cat who stay almost 7 km away and they did everything that they could which made me instantly think that he wasn't alive especially when you hear those heart-wrenching words.
 
I still had hope and said to myself but how on earth would he have crossed main roads to get to an estate 7 km away. This still felt unreal and they said to us that we can come to the back to make sure that it is our cat. I don't do blood, death and scary things - so luckily Dylan (my boyfriend) was with me so that he could go see and make sure that it was actually my cat. I waited and hoped that by some chance it was not my cat. The next minute Dylan came back through the doors and just nods his head to say that it is Persie. I tried really hard to keep my composure but as soon as I walked out the vet I just couldn't hold it in and cried.
 
We got the number of the owners to phone and speak to them the next day to find out what actually happened and the cat and the first thing to clarify was that Perise didn't actually walk 7 km away because the owners moved and stay 2 houses down from my road. Secondly, the owner said that the one afternoon she got home and opened her gate to her boerboel that ran not to her car door but straight for my cat that tried to escape but got bitten on his stomach which resulted in his lung being punctured.
 
Despite, the sad news - the memories will always remain and you will always have a place in heart.
 
Love always and forever xo.

No comments: